The official Lenovo website has a program that scans the operating system and software of your laptop. It will find out-of-date drivers and will offer to download the update for installation directly from the server of the manufacturer. The program itself does not need to be downloaded, it’s an online service. However, for its work, you still need to install some software.
- In the support section, enter the model number in the search box. Go to the page of your laptop by clicking on the desired line in the list of tooltips.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- Confirm your consent to the collection and storage of data (see the terms and conditions of the data) and download the Lenovo Service Bridge.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts of the wizard.
- Install TVSU. The system update program will check for yourself whether there is a Lenovo System Update on your computer.
- After a short wait, the scan results will appear on the screen.
Why does not Lenovo System Update scan?
If you have to wait more than a few minutes and the screen still does not have a picture that confirms that the scan is on, then something is wrong. Possible causes of problems:
Sometimes it’s not enough just to click the install button in the pop-up window asking you to install TVSU. This should happen automatically, but if not, proceed as usual: download the program and install it on your computer.
Run the scan again. It is possible that the system still does not see TVSU on your computer and asks to install it again. Just restart the computer, although the installation wizard did not require this.
The problems described above could appear only at the first time after the appearance of the new program, now there are no bugs, everything works in automatic mode. The user only needs a couple of clicks. Authorization on the site is also not needed.
No drivers to update
The list may not show any drivers. Most often this happens if you have Windows 10 and all updates are installed through the update center. If there is something in the list, there is a function for selecting the software that you plan to download and install. You need to focus on the last column of the Severity table, where there will be notes about the importance of the update: recommended or optional.